Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Let the bodies hit the floor..."

Wow. I had a couple of crazy weeks. I don't even know where to start.

My roommates and I made 79 caramel apples a few weeks ago, to take around to the sisters in our ward and to other people we knew. It was fun to decorate them together!

Then with the leftover apples I attempted to recreate my mom's delicious apple crisp. It turned out not quite the same way I remembered it, but still very very tasty!!

After a particularly rough night, I woke up to find this beautiful cheesecake in the refrigerator for me with a wonderful note on top for me. I have the worlds greatest roommates who definitely look out for me, even though they call me Kingface!

To add to my particularly rough couple of weeks, I have for the first time in my six semesters, dropped a class. I met my match and in order to save my GPA and what is left of my sanity, I thought it was the best choice. Even still though, I have been incredibly overwhelmed, not only with classes but with my calling and trying to make a few much needed changes in my life.

A big thank you to everyone who has helped me out and been there for me to talk to!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I wish I were closer so I could be there for you...hmmm, and I don't think cheesecake ships very well...well, here's a {{hug}} just for you, from me and the four kids. Maybe that will help? Good luck. You're doing what you need to be doing, but sometimes it's just REALLY hard!

Love Lorri said...

Friends are the best medicine! Glad you have some nice ones! I am proud of you Em. Keep it up!
Love ya