Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Weak Week

I have had quite the week.

I decided to take part in a clinical drug trial for a drug (VA111913) that is supposed to relieve symptoms of Dysmenorrhea. The worst listed side effect of taking the drug is nausea, which is something I have to deal with even if I don't take it, so I figure its pretty safe. Beside possible new treatment for my monthly pain, I'll also be getting paid $950 for participating!!
I also somehow managed to strain my shoulder. I'm not sure what I did but it hurt bad enough on Wednesday night that I only slept for a few hours. The feeling is similar to when I strained both of my wrists playing church ball. It's made worse though by the fact that my shoulder hurts constantly, I think because gravity if constantly pulling it down. It's still really sore and moving my arm is pretty difficult, but I'm hoping by this next week it will have fixed itself!

No luck on the job front this week. I'm still looking for a night job/graveyard shift to pick up in addition to my bookstore job. If I had a car it would be SOOO much easier to get one but I've got to work with what I've got!

One thing that helped me smile this week: My favorite chocolate donut!


No comments: