Sunday, May 2, 2010

I like to ride my...bicycle, bIcYcLe, BICYCLE!!!!

Since my $8/hr job does not leave much excess in my fiances I have picked up new means of getting myself around.
(Yes I keep my bike locked to my back porch at ALL times. Better safe than sorry!)

I bought it for $70 off ksl.com from a pretty shady character, but it works great and is in really good condition. The exercise is doing me good as is the fresh air! Once my hindquarters get used to the not-so-comfy seat it'll be even better!

It's textbook buyback season which means good hours for me!! A total of 47 very good hours this week alone to be exact. On Friday, we gave back more than $5,000 for books and I personally boxed up 10 boxes when our daily average is more like 3-4. It's a fun job and has taught me a lot. For example, this next semester I will only be getting 2 books from the campus bookstore, the other ones I'll be getting online and saving myself like $200!!

Classes I'm registered for this coming semester (most of them general ed requirements):
-Psychology as a Science and Profession
-Gender and Sexuality
-Labor economics
-Intro to Music Theory
-The Global Citizen
and maybe
-Survey of Clinical Psychology

I am moving along in the clinical trial I'm in. I haven't started taking the actual medicine, but until I do, I have to pee in a cup every morning and take an ovulation test to monitor my LH levels), because once I'm ovulating I go in and get my first round of meds. I'm definitely prepared in case I ever need to closely monitor my cycle to have kids or anything!


Here is my little kit, a cup to pee in, strips to dip into the pee, the tester (the blank circle means that I'm not ovulating today, it gives a smiley face when I am lol), and then my electronic diary where I record all of my test results, level of pain, and symptoms. It's all pretty nifty I think!!

My life has definitely changed but for the better, I'm so happy here in Utah. I miss my family but I am SOOO excited to get back into school in a few weeks!!

1 comment:

Starr said...

A smiley face on a hormone kit? Definitely geared for the we're-tryin-to-get-pregnant crowd.