Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rejected Bug Doll

In my world...this is the lowest way to be turned down from a job. I was obviously not worth a phone call or an email...just a letter in the mail 2 months after applying. Thank you Marriott.

Though I may still be hitting a brick wall in the job department...I am at least in good company!

Just kidding. This guy is not good company. He's (I assume it's male for a number of reasons that I won't share here) the epitome of disgusting creepy crawlers. And whatever this bug is, enjoys sharing the shower with me nearly every morning no matter how many who have gone before him I have flushed. Living in a basement as the warm weather comes has brought with it a number of other creepy crawlies, but none near as big or ugly as this one!

I have learned that leaving anything edible on the floor of my room for even 30min will result in it becoming the conquest of the local ants. The worst ever was a pizza box...empty..but still apparently with enough viddles to get their attention. I left it on the floor for an hour and when I went to take it outside, it was literally crawling in ants. So I spent an hour grabbing ants off the floor and squishing them with my bare hands. OH YES, I made it personal.

This last weekend Patty and Dan came to visit me, which was way fun!! They took me out to a comedy improv show and the to a midnight dinner at IHOP, and they brought with them an early birthday present! A Jim Carrey doll that Patty made!! She even gave him crazy Ace Ventura like pants! Now my two favorite men can keep each other company when I'm not around!! Thanks so much Patty and Dan!!

This also opens the invitation to everyone to come visit me! I miss all my friends and especially my family. I need better company than grasshopper-centipede morphed bugs!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

We're coming to Utah in June/July...can we come and visit? :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Now you can sympathize with my bug experiences in our cave! :D
I also got a letter of rejection in the mail. haha. Not two months later though. Just one month later. haha.
We totally want to come and see you! Now that I have TWO JOBS! (one at Merry Maids as a, get this, MAID! haha. and one as a tutor for a 5th grader over the summer) I can better plan when we can come see you as well as visit my fam so we will keep you updated! Sorry we haven't come yet :s

emily said...

Brooke: You better come visit me when you're here!! We should all try to get together!

Cassie: I def can sympathize with you and your bug problems. Congrats on the jobs, let me know when you think you'll be able to come down!!

Mandy said...

The same kind of bug that you caught find their way into our house, too. It's called a house centipede and no matter how many times I try to squish it, its legs just fall off. I guess that works since then I just scoop it up with a piece of paper and toss it in the toilet.
There is something satisfying about flushing it down! It is one of my least favorite bugs because of how creepy it is when it runs...