Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ridiculous Rent Ramble

So I'm back to having a life, other than just playing with clay and driving everyone everywhere.

I worked a full 8 hours on Thursday, after getting a call from my boss at 8am asking me if I could come in at 9am and work til 1pm. I complied...giving up my mid morning nap...and worked until 6pm.

When I got home we went to the Somerset County 4H fair and slopped through what we hoped as only mud, to various tents to see all the animals and other displays. I thought the alpacas were particularly funny looking, but they probably thought the same about me. This little kid got bit by a goat in the goat tent, which was hilarious, but his lifetime fear of goats probably wont be.

Then on Friday I went with Alex, Ben, Dakota, and Danie went to see Rent at Villager's theatre. It was way better than I thought it was going to be. They did a good enough job that I almost cried! After the play we went to Taco Bell and McDonald's for foods and then home for sleeps.

Saturday after a mosquito ridden breakfast in the park, I went to Island Beach State Park for a YSA Luau on the beach. I drove down early with the food packed in my van and then helped setting it all up. When we first got there the sand was crazy hot, like hot enough to give my feet blisters.
The soft underside of each toe got pretty roasted, this toe is bad enough I can barely bend my toe without searing pain.

My big toe on the other foot has a massive blister on the lower left hand side of it nearest to my other toes. It's gross but doesn't hurt to bad. When it pops though...its going to kill!

Regardless, it was a really amazing activity. It was nice to be on the beach again and to to see Seth who drove up to hang with us for the day. There was tons of good food, and I managed to drive there and back without getting a ticket, or having any of the crazy drivers hit our van. Best of all I was able to get a little color back!

Up this week: Who knows!?! We'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Love Lorri said...

Danielle said the plaly was very good also! Yeah for good plays, boo for sore toes! No wonder you had your shoes off in RS!

Brooke said...

Sounds like you're having a great break! Sorry about the toes, but I'd sacrifice a little ouch for a little color and fun... just sayin'! :)