Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Fat Worker

I'm sorry that I have been terrible with keeping up with my blog since arriving in New Jersey. It probably will not surprise you to find out that my life at home is fairly uneventful.

I worked today but at a different center than I did last summer, to sub for teachers going on a field trip. I was in a room of toddlers with some of the weirdest names ever...I think by the time I left I had finally gotten them down. Let's see how many I can remember Aarav, Anush, Narun, Viv, Kritin, Geovanny (this is how is parents spelled it), Divya, Anya, Marina, Akiel, Niah. Whoa...I remembered all of them...go me! Yes,the majority were of Indian descent in case you couldn't tell. I may be working again tomorrow at one of the centers, but I guess I'm on a call when needed basis. But if not I will probably stop by my old center to visit with the teachers and some parents.

I also went to the Grease Trucks in New Brunswick for a fat sandwich this week. I went for the ever classic Fat Darrell, a wonderful combo of chicken fingers, mozzerella sticks, fries, and marinara sauce on a torpedo roll. It is simply delicious I tell you!! I kinda want to go again, but how many 1700 calorie lunches can you have in a one week period...I'll go to the Chinese Buffet instead.

2 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

I don't think I will let Scott read this one...he will be too envious and that is not good for his spirituality... ;) The one thing we MUST do (according to Scott) while in Jersey is go to the Chinese Buffet. hehe.

love lorri said...

I cannot bring myself to try those FAT sandwiches! too much mixing of stuff! If your too bored come visit us, we will give ya something to do!