Saturday, August 22, 2009

Swash Strumming Stuff

I do not know the true definition of swashbuckling (I'm not sure anyone does), but today I think I probably swashbuckled.

We are getting a lot of rain from hurricane Bill as he makes his way up the coast. Jeff and I went out to play some basket ball while it was still hot and dry out, and finished our game in a refreshing downpour. I won the game 40-17. After the game we frolicked in the puddles and swashbuckled up a storm, then convinced my mom to take a picture of us all drippy and cold.


Splashing around in the rain for an hour or so also loosened the skin from my biggest blister that I got last weekend, and so that you can see truly how big and painful it was, I took a picture.

Perhaps I need to rename my blog to relate more to the many disgusting pictures that I post : P

I'm off now to make some home made bread for dinner and laugh some more at the kids who returned home from the youth beach trip today, looking more like lobsters than they did when they left. And then to strumma-lummin on the guitar.

1 comment:

Love Lorri said...

Swashbuckler or swasher is a term that developed in the 16th century[1] to describe rough, noisy and boastful swordsmen. It is based on a fighting style using a side-sword with a buckler in the off-hand, which was filled with much "swashing and making a noise on the buckler".[2]