Friday, August 21, 2009

Sweating Sunsets

My mom and I spent Thursday afternoon through this morning together on a small Girls-Get-Away trip. I got called into work, and we got off later than we had planned, but our spirits couldn't be dampened. We stopped at Bridgewater mall for a little shopping and some burgers at the food court. Then we drove the rest of the way up to Newton and checked into our hotel and then drove up to girls camp for the Liahona. Seeing the Liahona again brought back some amazing memories and I got remarkably few mosquito bites. We left right after to party hard watching tv in our air conditioned hotel room!

Today it was hot. The kind of hot that makes me not miss New Jersey. The kind of heat that made my chilled macaroni sweat. Though it was 92 degrees today (with humidity it was more like 101) we got a break when a cold front brought some rain in. In a matter of minutes the temperature dropped by like 20 degrees. Then the remaining clouds made for this fantastic sunset. And my love for New Jersey returned.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm just a little jealous! :) The sunset looks amazing, well worth suffering through a little heat and humidity for...