Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friendly Mohawk Weekend Fun

This has pretty much had the most perfect weekend of my life.

Thursday night my friend and old roommate Bri came up to visit me. It had been almost a year since I had seen her and we had fun catching up on our lives and just hanging out together. She spent the night Thursday and stayed most of the day on Friday.

After she left I was going to head to a Pirate themed girls night. We were supposed to dress up like pirates and be piratey while watching Pirates of the Caribbean. All the ladies thought it would be fun to put my hair in a mohawk, cause apparently that's piratey. Bri stayed to help for a little bit as they loaded large amounts of every product they had. Eventually we could only get it to sort of stay up with the addition of Elmer's Glue. I kind of ended up with a flophawk and a nice Elvis curl in the front. My friend took some better pictures, and I'll post those later.

I deffinetly went to Little Caesar's with my hair like this...I know...I'm awesome!

Then Saturday, my bishop invited us to join him for his family barbeque which was tastey and fun! The majority of the people there, at some point ended up in the pool fully clothed, but I managed to avoid it. Phew. After hanging out there I decided to see what Jitta (a friend from back home) was up to...and went over to her place and hung out with her and some of her friends.

Then I got talked into driving Jitta, and a few other friends down to Idaho Falls (in my roommates beat up car) to try and meet up with a group of friends who were already there. I printed out directions to the park where they were at, but the exit google gave me was blocked off so we got really lost. We wandered through crazy roads packed full of cars and people, and eventually gave up on finding them, parked, and watched the last 10min of the show. When I got home I figured out that we were really pretty far away from them the whole time. It was interesting to watch fireworks sitting next to a refugee from the civil war in Sierra Leone...her natural instinct anytime one went off was to duck. She especially freaked out when people would randomly shoot off fireworks in their front yards. I think she still managed to have a good time and I managed not to get a ticket or run over anyone!

Yes, it was a terrific weekend. I have a terrific group of friends that have been made while being out here at school and I am so grateful for their support and love. I also am way excited that there are only two and a half weeks left in the semester, I need a break!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck on the rest of the semester. I'm glad that you had a great (terrific) weekend. I still love the hair, I hope that you do too! :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Your hair is just awesome Em, it really fits you! :) Yay!