Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Golden Cake Prayer

I was going through my documents and found a bunch of pretty amusing poems that I had written for my British Literature class. I thought since my brain is fried from studying and too much thinking I would share a few. Please keep in mind that these were all written after like 2am.

Orange Gold
The crispy and constant crunching
The cheesy flavor sweet
Speaks to my taste buds beat
Of every quick swift munching
Into my hand, great piles are bunching
Which to be honest is quite the feat
But are you crispier than a beet?
How can I know? Without fist flying punching?
Sometimes it helps just to sit and think
And think back to the days of old
When all I had was a kitchen sink
And the world of Cheez-it's had yet to unfold
Uncovering caves of orange gold
To me you are better fitted than a mink.


Cheese Cake
Glory be to God for Jello cheese cake
It's simple and delicious, yet comes from a box
Found in the store next to puddings
Ready in an hour, no need to bake
Providing a natural full body detox
Of stress and life and ruddings

I have eaten you in just one sitting
Though my stomach begs me not to
But how can one resist such blessed food
When cheese cake simple and so fitting
Came in a box.


Prayer for My Daughter
Once more I dropped your bottle on the floor
It has fallen just under the refrigerator door
But you sleep on, more tired than famished
Into a sleep that Gerber could never garnish
But I'll hold you while you sleep, gently
Against my chest, so you can hear the beat
Of my heart, as I too drift off to sleep
I can hear you breathing quick but softly

While you sleep I send a prayer for you
If anyone is listening we'll see what they do
May you be granted beautiful calves
And faultless thighs, less than a halve
The size of mine, and motivation
May you be granted all you ever dreamed of
And be given someone to love, and I'll think of
The blessing of your wonderful creation.


Amazingly these are all modeled after Victorian to Modern era poetry, the second to last one is even supposed to be a sonnet I think. Anyways, I hope you enjoy my efforts to spread some laughter. : )

2 comments:

Love Lorri said...

You always make me smile...and many times RIGHT OUT LAUGH! Cant wait to see you!

Brooke said...

Love your poetry, always have - always will! Thanks for sharing it!