Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interesting Eyes

We began our study of the eye in Sensation and Perception today. I found it quite interesting. Here are a few things I learned.

- The eye color blue means that there actually is no pigment in the iris.
- Our eyesight gets worse as we age because our lens becomes less flexible, having acquired more layers (like an onion) and becoming stiff.
- My nearsightedness mean that I have long eye balls.

Well now you know!!

With large amounts of homework to do I really shouldn't be updating my blog. Or be on Facebook. Or playing solitaire.

3 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

So editor in chief, cassie's eyes are usually very blue, but sometimes they turn green. Where do they get the pigment from?
Sincerly,
Scott

emily said...

That is either due to the reflection of light off of the clothes she is wearing or things around her
or
due to exposure to sunlight, as it enhances the production of melanin in the iris and therefore changing the pigmentation (usually not permanent).

Sarah and Larin said...

Well. Now I know my eyes are albino, long, and getting stiff. Hooray! (P.S. I have a blog.)

XOXO