Friday, January 16, 2009

Revelatory Sock Knocking Plans

I had the most amazing, intense, and depressing thought today while not feeling very well and yet sitting in my Natural Disasters class.

To preface I am not suicidal nor do I approve of any active exploration of means to end life purposefully...

How do people not believe there is anything after death?

What do they think happens after we die?

I was sitting there (quite light headed for some reason) and I recalled how it felt going under when I got my wisdom teeth out. As I described in another post, knowing what was happening and then continuing to think even after being knocked out. But that in between stage, how can anyone see death as an ending? You lay there it gets dark, things spin, then...nothing? There can't be anyway that we just end. That just makes no sense....none at all.

I doubt a lot of things when it come to my faith. But this was just such an intense testifying that I have trouble finding anyway that it could not be true.

On a happier note...it is April's birthday today and we (the roommates) are going to go see a movie and go to dinner!! Yay for having a life on a Friday night.

1 comment:

Starr said...

I wouldn't have in any way thought you were suicidal. Isn't it neat when you can say, "This is the way it is -- or the way it has to be." That's real faith. Not the squishy, "I BELIEVE!" But the acceptance that something is -- and then being able to live on that knowledge.