Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Favorite Transduction

I got home from my Sensation and Perception class yesterday and just could not think anymore. I sat on my couch and played solitaire. After losing 13 games in a row, I finally beat my high score with a whopping 9731!! Then April came home and we watched the last few episodes of Lost season four and finished 5 minutes before season five premiered at 8pm. It finished at ten, I showered and went to bed, unable to do any homework due to having no internet.

So here I am sitting on my favorite couch in the Rick's, with some not-so-favorite-people sitting next to me and talking really loud, acutely aware of the chemical processes which are enabling my eyes to see. Thinking about the transduction of photons going on in every photoreceptor in my eyes rather than what I am reading in Bressler.


If you are ever bored and willing to listen to me talk for ever, just ask me how it is that our eyes can see. It's quite incredible...really.

No comments: