Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shelves, Rolls, and Baskets...Oh my!

What a lovely week of doing nothing! Not even updating you on my life! But I shall now.

I have spent the last few days getting settled into my new apartment, which even though it is identical to my old apartment, has significantly less space for my things. Because of this I bought and built these wonderful $13 shelves from K-Mart.

When I pulled everything out of the box, and saw that there were no directions, I was rather scared, but using my inquisitive mind and excellent problem solving skills, I figured it out.

And they now top my dresser and store mostly my food that does not fit in my kitchen. Thanks Dan for the screw diver!!

I also decided to expand my culinary horizons and try to make cabbage rolls. I made the I-don't feel-like-waiting-for-them-to-cook-for-45 min version. And they turned out pretty good. And it helped not to have any of my roommates home. (I don't liked to be watched while I cook experimentally!)
(Cabbage rolls mid-making. My quick version only involved cooked beef, tomatoes, and sour cream rolled up in a cabbage leaf.)

(The finished product, before being cooked for 15 min. Perhaps some day I will make the real ones to compare.)

When Boy returned from his stay at home Thursday, he was bearing an Easter basket that his mother had made in my honor. While it is full of wonderful chocolate and beef jerky, I'm worried at the implications of its arrival into my hands. I'll just eat the chocolate and not worry about it.

1 comment:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

mmmm.... will you make me some cabbage rolls sometime? They looked good. And i like cabbage. Well, deditu.