Friday, May 29, 2009

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Lollipops


Welcome to my life...well a small part of it. I spend many hours everyday sitting here on my bed with lappy rather appropriately on my lap. This is my artistic representation of what I call life. But if you are my parents please ignore the piles of clothes stage left. I should be studying for my Social Psychology test but I have already studied for 2hrs and my brain is turning to mush.

In other news...
- I will be turning 20 tomorrow and conveniently feel younger, less mature, and a lot less ready to deal with life than ever before.
- I am contemplating making a short film...but will have to wait until I have hours of extra time on my hands.
- I ate a banana this morning and my intestines feel like they are going to explode.
- I made an attempt to break things off with Boy this week. Yes, an attempt. Although he is a great guy and an even better kisser, our outlook on our relationship in the long term and short term were rather different. He didn't talk to me at all yesterday after our long talk the night before. It felt weird and I wasn't sure if I should t
alk to him, I don't want him to hate me more than he probably does. Here goes round one of being "just friends".
- I fell in love with this quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning, " I begin to think that none are so bold as the timid, when they are fairly aroused."
Power to the people!
- I am going on a Relief Society retreat this weekend, leaving tonight. We are staying at some cabins up in Island Park. I think given my week it will be nice to get away from everything. Girls are nosy though so hopefully no one will ask about Boy.
- When we get back from the retreat, my roommates are going to take me to I-HOP, for a little birthday fun!
- I will be getting a birthday package from home today, and I am way excited to see what sort of surprises are inside!
- I think I shall live to see another day.

4 comments:

Starr said...

Happy Birthday to you. . .you'll make being a 20-something look fun!

Jessica said...

Hey girl!! Happy Birthday!!! Being 20 bring a whole new side of life with it! So far the 20's have been my favorite!! You are going to have a blast! As far as boy goes, well you have to do what's best for you and what Heavenly Father tells you is best for you. Although that doesn't make things any easier, I Know. Justknow your loved, and sometimes "just friends" is the best.

Love ya!!!
Snyda'

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure that you won't get this today, but I'm trying... :) I hope that your weekend was the wind down that you needed!

Love Lorri said...

Happy Birthday Cutie!