Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Windy D.I. Finds

I had really wanted to post these pictures yesterday but we were having 60mph winds again. But this time they knocked out the internet. Everyone told me Rexburg has great weather in the Summer, I guess that forgot to mention the wind. My apartment is on the top of the hill that is Rexburg, and is across the street from a large field. While walking back from my last class of the day I looked up the hill toward my apartment and could not even see the temple there was so much dirt in the air. The entire top of the hill was a cloud of dust that I had to walk through to get home. I took a picture from my apartment looking at the temple...please note that I am standing in the cloud while taking the picture so it does not look as drastic but still, that's not fog folks. On a clear day to the right of the temple I can see the mountains.

In other news I went to D.I. to fill in my summer attire as I left most of it home not thinking I would be staying for summer. I found 2 T-shirts, 2 light thermals, and a slotted spoon for about $9.
I decided to take a pic of one of the shirts....and also show off my great bod. I have lost almost 40lbs since high school! Don't look too closely at my hair as it is full of dirt.

My greatest find, although still a little smelly, was a deck of Pit cards for only $1!! Only those in my family or those who have spent Thanksgiving or Christmas with us will understand the significance of this find, but it is an impossible game to find anywhere! I currently am trying to destinkify the cards, but I think it may take a while!

Other than fun D.I. adventures, life here in the windy city is going great. As I did not have internet last night I couldn't do any of my homework (the assignments being in the syllabi's online) and have a lot to make up for tonight. I also will have to spend $10 to get a new I-card so I can take my test this weekend since the recent disappearance of my old one. TEN DOLLARS?!? Yeah that's what I said, and the new ones are ugly too.

No comments: