Monday, May 18, 2009

Overheated Monday

As a budding psychologist I officially declare Rexburg to be bipolar. Today it decided to welcome spring with 86 degree weather. It is hot, and I am somewhat thankful that my apartment is more of a cave than a house.

Given the unnaturally warm weather and free access to the indoor pool in my complex, I have been feeling immense pressure from Boy and friends to get myself a swimsuit so I can join them in the pool. I hate buying swimsuits. I hate wearing swimsuits. That would be why I conveniently left mine at home. I fear I may cave into either the heat, the pressure, or the boredom. Which one will get the job done first? Who knows.

In other news, my lappy at its ripe old age of 2 1/2 years has been having some over heating issues. Just having it on my lap for very long will get it piping hot, and it has a few times even shut itself off because it got too hot (which is not good for the battery or other internal organs). I have cleaned the outer vents as best I could and downloaded a CPU temperature monitor (so I can see more easily if I should move it to a more ventilated area), but perhaps a deeper cleaning may be necessary. Any advice would be welcome!

Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

John and Kathy said...

They make these laptop vent things (very descriptive I know...) that will keep space between you and your laptop so that it doesn't overheat. I saw it at best buy and maybe target... idk. It was about $15.