Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trippy Travel Trappings

What a weekend. Las Vegas was terrifically fun and ridiculously warm. The 20hrs spent in a car were not half as bad as I thought they would be and I feel a little bit closer to those I spent those 20hrs with....mostly in a good way. : )

This weekend included a few fabulous firsts:
- My first large cockroach sighting. I am glad this was my first and hopefully last time...it was gross.
- My first time watching Baptists at our Barbeque.
- My first time venturing to Fremont Street and the shindigs that go down there. There is a reason it is no longer the cool place to go.
- My first time in a long time closing my hair in the door of a car.
- My first time learning that these are called Sin Bins...


But there were a lot of other things that were just fun. The crazy highway between Nevada and Utah is always fun. And there is Cafe Rio, In-and-out Burger, hanging out with my bestest sister, being in 120 degree weather, winning my first ever game of Pit, learning how to play In a Pickle, seeing my girl Rashida again, piling in and out of Larin's truck, and seeing hoards of Taylor Swift trucks driving like maniacs.

It was a fabulous weekend with lots of hugs shared and games played and talking about everything. I love my family and love spending time with them!!

No comments: