Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cross Sink Walk Hole

I am very quickly being drowned in mountains of school work. I was not pleased with my midterm grades and have taken a vow to do a lot better. I really have gotten no sleep this week and that will include tonight in which I will be making a poster for our psychology poster session in class tomorrow (for those of you who understand what a poster session is you will understand that I have a lot of work ahead of me). I also have a paper due tomorrow morning on energy sources for my Natural Disasters class. there just is not enough time in one day.

Last night I was walking back from the testing center/gym with one of my roommates and we had several odd experiences. The first was by the long staircase near the Taylor building. As we approached the stairs there were two girls standing there and they said and I quote "Can you stay to the left please? There is a sinkhole over here. The girl who went past didn't make it." We continued to the left up the stairs in the direction we were already going. Approximately 4 seconds later we looked at each other and simultaneously said "Wait what?!?" I have no idea...a sink hole? Really?!? Hmmm....

So then we got up to South 2nd East (the street I live off of and have to cross to get to campus and then back home). We noticed an abnormally large number of cars gathered down by the "safe cross walk" (meaning one of the few with a blinking light to press) and then we noticed a guy laying on the road. Being bored and nosy we went down to watch. When we got closer it be came very clear that this guy had been hit by the car that was now occupying the center lane of the road. The cars windshield was destroyed. We could tell the guy wasn't dead because his breath made timely puffs of white steam, he was also moving his legs. We waited around until EMT's and cops arrived. Then frozen and determined to be more careful crossing the street we went home to make a midnight dinner.

No comments: