Saturday, March 21, 2009

What?!? Really?!?

I do not know where to begin. I am glad however that there is an end of sorts, but how to explain...

So I discovered this weekend that my roommate had stolen more than $50 from me over the last few weeks. Being the controlled and emotionally stable person I am, I got my money back without involving any authorities. The return of my money was however accompanied by a letter of lies (I know for a fact the $30 had not fallen under her printer box for her to find because I looked there!) and now I really feel as though an actual punishment would be a good thing. Knowing that she is still lying and still a thief makes it absolutely impossible to trust her! Anyways...my plasma money is back...and I think I have a long and painfully awkward three weeks ahead of me.

This whole ordeal followed one of the most drama filled weeks of my life. For someone who so dislikes drama of any kind, I sure seem to attract a lot of it. I feel as though I have good reason to say, "WHY ME?!?!"

3 comments:

Starr said...

Hm, yes, trust would be an issue. Do you get a new roommate after Easter break? Although "the authorities" haven't been notified, have you talked to your bishop or somebody at the school about it? As I recall, that's a BIG honor code violation, but that "the (non-police) authorities" want to know these to help with the repentance process.

Sending wishes for a boring couple of weeks your way.

Mandy said...

Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry! That's no fun at ALL! I hope things get better and that life calms down a LOT!

Love Lorri said...

I vote put peanut butter in her hair while sleeping! OK< just joking but it would be funny. You could do it on April 1 and call it April fools joke...
So I agree with Starr, tell an adult, grown ups know what to do! but if she doesnt get this taken care of she will continue.
Hey by the way how was pizza with boy?