Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Nuggets Theme

I got my poster back from my psychology professor today and since I didn't get a chance to take pictures before turning it in, here are some now. (I would share my grade but I don't know yet!!)

Anyways the object was to try to define learning. Each of us did our own interviews asking people about meaningful learning in their lives. Then using two other interviews from the class we came to our conclusions. These my friends are my mine, and I think they are rather inspired!

(My entire poster...yes this is the most boring poster you will ever see. That apparently is the cost for professionalism.)

(This is from my results section. I organized quotes taken from the interviews into themes that I thought defined meaningful learning.

School is proving to be exceptionally useful. Today I learned that the east coast is in danger of a mega-tsunami if the largest Canary island of the coast of Africa decides to erupt (as it apparently has done and may well do again) and as a result a landslide causes 400ft waves to head straight for the US. I also learned how to reorganize the somatosensory cortex of any human in a simple and yet humorous 3 minutes. Not to mention the ever wonderful lesson of doing laundry before you run out of clean underwear!! Oh, what wonderful nuggets of wisdom does life hold for me tomorrow?

No comments: