Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flaming Meatloaf Pants

Time has been getting the better of me these last few days. It seems before I even realize an hour has passed three are gone. Someone needs to fix weekends, so they are a few days longer. I did not get enough done. But I did have fun.

To begin, I managed to bring up my grade in Social Psychology a little with a lot of additional time spent studying. After taking a test on Friday I went out for ice cream with some friends, and then we decided to drive to somewhere, and ended up at the sand dunes. We laid on a blanket and stargazed, which would have been incredibly romantic if any boys had been with us. I don't think I have ever in my life seen so many stars at one time. It was really incredible. Then we had a mattress party at our apartment...

I was the only one who stayed a wake for more than half of the movie. On Saturday I did some classy shopping at Winco with Scott, Cassie, and Dan and I got drenched just trying to get the the parking lot. Sunday after church we went to go visit some aunts and uncles who live close. We went first to visit Aunt Joann and Uncle Nyle who recently returned from a mission on the east coast. Two of our cousins and four of their kids were there as well. Then we went to visit Uncle Durrell (who looks just like my Dad) and Aunt Joy and we helped make some amazing caramel popcorn. It was great to see Aunt Joy up and moving around and looking so much healthier! (for pictures see Cassie's blog)

Monday I decided to make meatloaf and almost remembered completely how to make it off the top of my head but did have to call my mom for the cooking time. It turned out pretty good, but ended up a little more heavy on the loaf than on the meat.

Later that night Dan was over at our apartment and we were bored and trying to light stuff with a lighter we found. And I learned a cool trick. If you put hand sanitizer on a hard surface and light it, it will burn for a long time without damaging the surface it's on. My roommate made a flaming smiley face.

I also this weekend inherited a pair of jeans from one of my roommates, which is fabulous as most of mine don't fit very well.

I love them already! HURRAH for free pants. And HURRAH for being single again. I kind of feel like a new woman, and having so many terrific friends and family around to support me and give me things to do is more than I could have ever asked for!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Always yay for free clothes! I'm glad that you guys got to go see some family. I wish I were closer, but I am looking forward to seeing Scott and Cassie soon, I wish I could make the trip all the way up to Idaho to see you and Dan too! Miss you.

Danie Marie said...

yay!! i love free clothes and yeah you did need new jeans!
danie marie