Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rock Climbing Pictures!!

I went to give plasma on Saturday, but my heart rate was too high so instead I was able to go rock climbing with my roommate and some girls from our ward, which is way better than having a needle in your arm anyways. They picked me up from the plasma center, and brought shorts for me to change into, which is the reason the shorts I am wearing in all of these pictures are flaming red. I felt so....what's the word....bright.

I was the second one to go after Patty led the run we were going to do. Here, Felise is tightening the harness for me.

Patty was our expert on the trip, she was the one who made it fun! Here she is spectacularly tying a figure 8 knot. Oh, and do you like my chalk bag?

This is the classic, I'm-in-a-bum-grabbing-harness shot. I think I fill it out nicely. : ) The combination of those red shorts and my pasty white legs...wow.

I did pretty well on the climb, the beginning was super easy, but then I got suck with out any holds for a little bit until I worked around it and made it to the last clip! This picture is my favorite as it shows what little leg muscle I have.

The funnest part by far, was repelling down after I had reached our final clip. The problem by far with rock climbing pictures is they usually all end up being of your bum. Well....maybe that's not a problem....

I hope you also had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Starr said...

Jason and I did this once. It was definitely a challenge, but I wish we'd done it again & again.

Wearing your Batman shirt was the correct choice for a day of swinging through the air on a rope.