Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Miscellaneous Moments Minute

As I sit here, smelling of the brown rice I cooked only minutes prior to retiring to my bed, I let my mind wander from the mundane task of discovering an insight from M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Traveled. I marvel at the almost inaudible sound of thunder in the distance and smell fresh cut grass. I think back over the days events, lulled by the mellow tones of Sixpence None the Richer's Kiss Me, only to realize that nothing notable happened and that I really want to learn to play he guitar so I can serenade someone special with this particular song. With the impending rain comes the first humidity in days, and my jeans that are several sizes too big for me seem laden with the moisture and oppressive. The moisture in the air is accompanied by the inability to do much of anything except watch clips from Ellen on youtube. The hunger in my stomach indicates that the minute rice was not filling enough and that my solitude here on my bed with the thunder may be rather short lived. And indubitably something will come up and I will have to leave this soothing world of guitars, grass, thunder, and no sense of commitment...

like now.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Awesome...btw, I'm teaching myself the guitar. That is not a good place to be, frustrated with oneself because I'm either a horrible student or a horrible teacher...hmmm. I hope you're able to return to the soothing world soon - for a long period of time.