Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dog Tales

In my Personality class today we got off topic and were discussing dog training as it relates to conditioning. My professor has quite the knack for telling funny stories and I thought I would share a few of them with you.

To begin he shared with us how he thought one could best train a dog. 1) Buy the best manual you can find on dog training. 2) Read it and keep it near you at all times. 3) When dog pees on the floor, pick up said manual and smack him with it.

The other one I want to share is a story he told of a friends dog. His friends dog was particularly dumb. It's afternoons often involved the dog running into inanimate objects in the yard, collapsing to the ground, getting up, and doing it all over again. This dog obviously was pretty tough to train. But the man persisted. Every time the dog peed in the house the man would rub the dogs nose in the urine and throw him out the back door into the back yard. My professor was on the phone with this man one day when out of no where he exclaimed, "Are you kidding me?" Surprised my professor asked what happened. His friend still obviously baffled replied, "This dumb dog just peed on the living room floor, rubbed his nose in it, and ran into the back door!"

Dogs may be dumb but they are pretty stinkin' cute!!

No comments: