Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh, What A Day...

This small, but rather deep, cut my friends was the cause of a rather exciting morning for me. I was cooking breakfast and was being stupid in my desperation to open the sausage tube, and the knife slipped and stabbed my finger. My immediate thought was "Oh crap, last time I cut myself I almost passed out." So I got some toilet paper to wrap my finger in and sat down on the couch applying pressure. After sitting for only a few seconds I started to feel faint; ears ringing, vision blurring, limbs feeling weak, and overwhelming nausea. My empty stomach didn't handle the overwhelming nausea well and I was soon emptying my already empty stomach into our toilet. After that my body got crazy cold and then crazy hot, and then I felt a lot better. I called my mom so I would have someone to talk to and make it all not quite so scary and to distract me from my apparent anxiety. I now have proof that moms can work their heeling magic even when 2000 miles away. Thanks Mom!

But while I sat on our terrifically disgusting bathroom floor aftering emptying my stomach, I wondered how on earth I can sit with a large needle in my arm for45min straight, sop up blood out of my brothers mouth after he knocked loose some teeth, and care for a cut on my brothers leg that would later require stitches all without feeling faint, but when I get a small cut on my own hand I almost immediately feel the need to pass out.

Weird?!? Yes, I think so too.

I am fine now minus a headache from the "almost passing out" part and my cut still killing me no matter how much Neosporin(with pain relief) I put on it. I was worried at first that it wasn't going to close up very well on its own because the area around it was so inflamed pulling it open and its on a part of my body that is always moving, but looking at it now it didn't close completely but has at least finally dried up.

The End.

2 comments:

Starr said...

Sorry you suffered. The passing out/throwing up combination is all too familiar & I feel for you.

Oh, Cami just climbed onto my lap & requested, "Tell the person that you're talking to about what happened. Please." She wants you to know that her balloon popped & she's very sad. And she's "cross with Rose, because she did it."

See, even when you are feeling awful & need some sympathy, it's all about Cami's misery.

Feel better, princess.

Brooke said...

Yikes! Sounds awful! Hope that you're feeling better now...three days down the road! :)