Thursday, February 26, 2009

Experiencing Wallace Chat

Oh, what a day, what a day, what a beautiful day!

My second plasma experience went a lot better than the first. No nearly fainting and no hour long physical before hand. I also ran into Dan who was also there to donate, and we got a chance to chat for a while.

Unfortunately for me however, today the lovely Rexburg is experiencing 40mph winds and sporadic flurries. This made walking home quite the work out! It was also a reminder of how uncomfortable it is to have snowflakes flung up ones nostrils.

For those of you who have seen Yes Man, you will enjoy the fact that for my English class I am writing a paper on the movie and the book. To be more precise I will be exploring the binary opposites represented by author Danny Wallace and also seen in the film. Truly interesting....well it will be when I finally finish reading the book, which is pretty good by the way.

3 comments:

Love Lorri said...

OK, that sounds like the next book for me to read!
I grew up in a very windy small town in AZ. It is not a fun experience, unfortunatly there were NO plasma centers, so I had NO fun money!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a great book! And I absolutely agree on the snowflakes, they are not meant to fly up ones nostrils. It's nothing but torture, for sure! Good luck with the wind and the continued plasma donations.

Starr said...

I can hear the wind quietly growling out my window right now. . .you have my sympathy.