Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hydrating Burns

Soooo...I'm not as tough as I thought I was.

I finished donating at around 4:30 and felt fine, so I began my journey home. For those of you who know the beautiful BYU-I campus, I made it to the steps beside the Hinkley building before I was so dizzy and nauseous that I had to sit down. My head between my legs didn't help very much and as I thought of who to call I only felt sicker. The health center was right across the street but I couldn't really even move. Finally a wonderful girl named Kim walked past and asked me if I was okay. My honest reply was of course "NO." She helped me to her car, which was a lot farther away than she made it sound like it was. I made it to my apartment and my roomies helped my hydrate.

(BTW those needles are huge!!)

Then less than three hours later I was representing the BYU-Idaho 15th ward in our very first basketball game. It was fun, but I am sure it will be funner when I do not feel like dying. Boy was nice enough to drive me down and watch me suffer! Even though I was on the very verge of death, I made at least 20 points (yay for no guys guarding girl rules!!) and had a giant girl fall on me giving me this beautiful floor burn/bruise...

(War wound #1)

Only me I tell you, only me.

4 comments:

Starr said...

I guess you won't be donating/selling again?

C'mon! I'd have felt insulted if the boys weren't guarding me! Put up a fight! I realize Boy was watching, but if he'd been in the game wouldn't have been fun to have a bit of competition-tension?

Brooke said...

Sounds like it was worth the $20? :) I hope the wounds heal quickly! Maybe boy can kiss them better...

Cassott Kinghorn said...

I feel horrible, terrible Em! I was thinking of you around 10 am and wondering how you were and thought to call you but then Jo asked me a question and it made me forget what I was thinking about. I"m really glad you didn't die. Goodness. and yay for war wounds! I'm just so proud!

John and Kathy said...

If I remember correctly, you were the victim in some EB basketball games too....a squished hand, a mild concussion...who knew church ball could be so damaging!