Friday, February 27, 2009

Global Potato Syndrome

Today was a great day minus only three hours of sleep preceding it. I fell asleep while watching "The Global Warming Swindle" parts 1-8 on youtube for my geology class. It actually was pretty interesting...I was just tired though.

Also interesting is simultagnosia, also called Balint Syndrome, a visual inability we discussed in Sensation and Perception course. Patients experiencing bilateral damage to the parietal lobe, do not have the ability to see more than one thing at a time. For example if they were to look at book on a table that is all they would see. Everything surrounding the book would seemingly not be present at all. Crazy.

This is also interesting, these my friends are the most delectable, grease free, homemade potato fries I made for lunch today. My only issue is that they tend to end up fairly dry and without adding fat I'm not sure how to change it. To fix the dryness issue earlier this week, I whipped up a bean dip (refried beans, a little bit of ranch, and ketchup) to dip them in....it was really good.

These are the inedible half of my Valentines gift from Boy. that would be the reason that they are still around for me to take a picture of since I had forgotten to earlier. They are dying but for some reason their decomposition smells deliciously like maple.

1 comment:

Starr said...

Jason just put oven fries into the oven. How weird is that?