Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Falling for Devotional

I had the most out of place experience today.

I had treated myself to a slice of pizza after my English class (it was 1pm and I wouldn't be home for another 4 hours). As I was walking to the Taylor to watch devotional, the man in front of me (rather large and probably 40 or so) tripped and fell. I sometimes don't stop and help, but felt compelled to. I asked him if he was okay. He lifted up his head, to reveal blood dripping from his nose. I left him with another girl and ran to go get napkins from the place I had just gotten my pizza from. When I got back there were 5 or 6 people gathered, including one of my old professors. He went to go find someone to help while we helped the guy stand up and stop the blood. When he got up we could see that he had smashed his nose pretty bad.

I had to leave because I was supposed to meet Boy, so I do not know how the rest of the story played out, but on my way to class after devotional I walked back past and they had painted the uneven edges of the sidewalk bright orange. So if you happen to be walking through the bottom of the Manwaring Center on the Taylor Quad side, and see ridiculous orange lines all over the sidewalk...you know why!!

And that was my exciting day. No really it was exciting.

2 comments:

Starr said...

When I read "painted the sidewalk" I envisioned some chalk outline, like at a crime scene. Wouldn't it be funny (except for the victim) to have a chalk outline with a bloody nose?

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Wow, that sounds really excitable and intense! Sheesh. I am so glad I know the reason for the paint...but I will have sad images in my head everytime I go past there! :s But it makes me feel so special to know WHY the paint, thanks for helping me feel special ;)