Thursday, December 4, 2008

Caroling Work Embarrassment

A rough outline of all the work I have to do before heading home:
- Finish Stat project due tm
- Psychology annotation due by midnight tm
- Take Communications Exam
- Write Presentation Memo for English
- Write note sheet for Psychology test
- Study for English Final
- Revise Psychology paper
- Start and finish Communications paper
- Come up with 20 service hours
- Find article for other Stat project
- Write paper about the article
- Work on Psychology take home final
- Work on Sociology take home final
-Not to mention packing and cleaning

A most embarrassing thing happened to me the other day, and I fear my being raised in New Jersey had a lot to do with it. I was going caroling with a small group from my communications class and in between houses we were singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. I, and a few others, had chosen to sing the echo lines. All went well until we got to the line "Then one foggy Christmas eve, Santa came say..." I loudly sang as I had been taught, "IN HIS UNDERWEAR" while the others sang, "HO HO HO." Then they all stopped and looked at me like I was stupid. "What?!? Didn't you guys learn it that way?" Indeed they had not...it's a good thing we got that worked out before singing it at anyone's front door.

A nice lady gave us all Reece's Peanut butter cups. YUM!

3 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

I love random New Jersey quirks! Scott says he didn't know that people sing "Ho, Ho, HO" at that part of the song either. hahahahahaaaaaa. so he just sang it to me too, priceless, just priceless

Starr said...

I have never heard that version of "Rudolph." However, when I was little, I thought that Rudolph not only was cruelly nicknamed, but also wasn't permitted to play Reindeer Games "like Pinocchio."

Might it be a Kinghorn interpretation?

Rockwell Family said...

I grew up in AZ and we only knew the Santa in his underwear version. Maybe some force knew I would soon move to and raise my family in NJ and would need them to know the random "NJ, Kinghorn" version?!
So much more fun to sing about underwear! You sing it LOUD and PROUD girlie!
Lorri at Whitney's house!