Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Keeping Me In Stitches

I had quite a scare last night. As yesterday was the first time I could brush and be rough with my stitches, I was feeling around in my mouth and could not find any evidence whatsoever that they had removed my upper two wisdom teeth. So naturally I freaked out and had my mom look in my mouth and she couldn't see anything either.

This morning she called the oral surgeon, who of course had a perfectly good explanation, but not one that could have been explained to me in my previous two visits. Apparently the upper extractions are quite different from the bottom ones. The incision is smaller, the gums are softer, they only have internal dissolving stitches, and can apparently heal completely in a week and a half.

Well I'm off to await Santa's arrival and to lay out my final presents now that certain people have gone to bed....::grins wickedly::

1 comment:

Danie Marie said...

merry christmas!!! love ya!