Monday, December 22, 2008

Dissolvable Goodbyes

I had a very busy out of the house day today.

In the morning I went with my mother and father to Kaye Cale's' funeral. I sung "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", a song she requested, with a very small ward choir. It was a very moving service and I could feel her there with us. RIP Kaye...

After the services we drove my dad to the train, then went to Somerville for my follow up appointment with the oral surgeon. There I found out that my stitches are the dissolvable kind and I am now supposed to brush them to help the the tops loosen and fall out. For some reason they decided that tonight they would be more sore than ever, so I think I will wait to try and brush them until tomorrow.

After my appointment I went to the mall with my mom for some Christmas shopping, and was pretty successful. I have thought of the greatest present for little Jeff....I am very excited. It probably won't top our present to my mom and dad though!! (Tickets to see Garrison Keillor live!!)

1 comment:

Starr said...

They are going to the year NYC Prairie Home Comp show!?! Very cool. You guys rock (or folk, given it's PHC.)

I didn't realize Kaye had died. Thanks for mentioning that. I'll send Patricia Killpack an email tonight.

Have fun brushing your stitches. . .it's a very weird feeling.