Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Statistics: The Musical

Things my Statistics class has taught me that I probably will never need to know again:
- How to find the P-value of a given population distribution
- That Dilbert really is the stupidest cartoon ever created (no offense Dilbert fans)
- How to use my calculator to find Chi Squared
- That Chrysler had the most air-bag related deaths in minivans because it was producing the most minivans
- Y1? Because that's where we told the calculator to store it.
- Performing a 1-PropZtest on your calculator will get you not only the z-score but also the P-value
- That no mere man can withstand the powers of weapons of math instruction

Things my Statistics class has taught me that I probably use again in the near future:
- Never take another math class...ever

I saw a funny video today online entitled Prop 8: The Musical. It was funny, but my disclaimer is that it is not in support of the proposition and has Jack Black playing the role of Jesus, still funny though. (And Barney from the show How I met your Mother is in it too.)

1 comment:

Starr said...

Like the "weapons of math instruction" line. Jason actually likes "weapons of math instruction."

Haven't looked at the video yet, although I'll probably like it. Not that I like Jack Black. I've only liked "The Holiday." But that's just a sign of my elevated tastes :)