Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowy Poetics

I came across the funniest thing today on my computer. In my creative writing class we would do this a lot to get our creative juices running. He would give us random words and ask us to compose a piece of poetry from them. I now do this on my own with hilarious results (usually works best if you ask someone randomly for the words).

Word list- china, gymnastics, unprofessionally, stupid, ungrateful

She was ungrateful
If anyone could be
She practiced her gymnastics
But always ignored me
China was her goal
But all her tricks were stupid
And she danced unprofessionally
While the air was putrid

Word List- poo, chunky, carefully, squeeze, pen, hard

The pen lays across the chunky paper
Which reads "squeeze here"
Picking it up carefully
I feel its hard back against my fingers
As the ink slides slowly onto the paper like poo

Please note that I am not responsible for the immature nature of the word lists as it was others who came up with them. Feel free to give me a word list and see what kind of a poem I come up with!!

Oh, and it snowed today!!

2 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

yeah, thanks a lot Emily. Scott and I both thought of you when we walked out and saw the white-ness early in the morning on our way to drive on the slippery roads...death. But I do admit, it is good timing and very perty. Yes, perty.

Starr said...

jump, spurt, blanket, whine, glory