Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CoverGirl's Middle Class Cookies

Last night was our first FHE this semester. Our wise bishop chose to have the men arrange this first meeting. We didn't hear from them at all, so I assumed that we just weren't going to have it at all. So at 7:30 last night while I was working tirelessly (watching a movie) at the Ricks, one of my roommates calls me to say that the guys showed up and that I should join them. After I got there we played one round of "What if", had a super short spiritual thought, some cookies, and left. I don't even know any of their names. I do now know that it was one of my "sisters" who borrowed and has yet to return my 1/3 cup measuring cup...

Today in my communications class we all got face cards taped to our foreheads and we had to interact with people based upon their number or royalty without telling them what they were. It was pretty interesting how fast people were able to assume a group. The aces and royalty clustered together on one side of the room refusing to talk or touch any one else and the low numbers all sat down and didn't really interact. Those of us in the middle, were just in the middle. I think it was pretty hard for people to know how to distinguish a 5 from a 7 or a 10 so we were just ignored. I honestly had no idea what to say, so said nothing at all, but found it amusing to watch. This was also at 8 in the morning, and it took me most of the time to understand why I was branded with a 7 of clubs, but it all makes sense now!!

I learned today (thanks to Yahoo News) that Michelle Pfeiffer is 50!! I also learned that Ellen Degeneres (who is 50 as well) will be the new face of CoverGirl.


(Michelle Pfeiffer...I cannot believe this woman is 50!!)

2 comments:

Starr said...

Clever post title. I like how you connected a totally random day into a single thought.

Michael said...

Re: Michelle Pfeiffer, have you ever heard of airbrushing, photoshop and plastic surgery?

M. Maldonado