Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spud Lady And Her New Kitchenware

Yesterday after my last class of the day, I decided to walk to D.I. for some much needed kitchen supplies. The walk there wasn't bad for being a mile and a half in 70 degree weather. I called my mom on the way there, and was pleasantly surprised to have my dad be right there too. During the phone call he insisted on calling me Spud Lady. A most affectionate nickname, thanks Dad!!
I did find most of what I needed even though my shopping was cut short by the fact that D.I. apparently closes early on Mondays because of Family Home Evening. Who would have thunk!?!? Even though I was rushed I did successfully find:

- 4 plates (2 of each pattern)
- 1 glass bowl
- 4 small spoons
- 1 big-ish spoon
- 4 forks
- 2 butter knives
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 pasta spoon
- 1 awesome purple strainer
- 2 mixing bowls

And this was all for the amazing price of $11.60!!! I also today received the addition of a pink fork, spoon, and knife, thanks to the wonderful Cassie!! They will be welcomed into their new family with as much love and appreciation as can be given.
The walk home was super long. Not only was it entirely uphill but I also was burdened with my excellent finds. I made it home in 30 min with very sore legs and an intense craving for spaghetti (that I could cook easily now with my new strainer). After a long warm shower and a plate of warm spaghetti and garlic/onion seasoned chicken I attempted homework.
It was a heavenly evening minus the insanely tedious statistics homework that put me to sleep!! Here's to hoping I can stay awake for the other 15 problems tonight...

1 comment:

Love Lorri said...

Welcome Em to the dark side of bloggin! I could have told you that DI closes early, we had the same prob when I dropped Arli off in Jan!
I am very proud of your finds, you are quite the shopping talent! Hooray for you!
Enjoy school!