Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Part Of ME Plumbling

So, a continuation of the plumbing story which I thought would end a 4:30 yesterday afternoon. After I posted yesterday, Maintenance Guy came in and told us that he wasn't going to be able to get the plug out so Real Plumber would be coming in about two hours. Our shower and toilet were at that point out of order , but for two hours we could handle it. At about 7 I decided it would be a good idea to get to work on my project (and I had to pee), so I headed down to campus to get myself started. As soon as I left FHE was decided so I missed that. But when I got home from working on it, the plumber still hadn't come and our bathroom was still out of commission, meaning no shower for me!! 20 min or so later Tiff (my room-roomie) walks out and peeks into the bathroom and notices that our tub now looks like this...

(the blue things are the super plungers that Maintenance Guy was using and left)

We turned off our bathroom vent (it kinda stunk) and could hear that someone was running water. Using our knowledge of plumbing and everything related to it we figured that must be cause the back up. I ran next door to see if they were running their water, only to have Maintenance Guy open the door. He had just been chilling waiting for Real Plumber and when we told him he quickly located the perpetrator (a girl showering in one of the upstairs apartments). Another 2o min or so later Real Plumber finally shows up and blows us all away with the amazing power of his Air Gun. No really that's what he used. After we scrubbed down the tub for yet another 20 or so minutes putting us now at around 11:30, I got to shower.

My project also turned out pretty good. Yes, it was all black and white but I turned that into a part of me so it looked like I had been really thoughtful and not just really cheap. This is my ME project...it think it is lacking considerably.

(I think if you click on the picture you get a bigger version)

Well, I'm off to conquer the world...or the world of literary criticisms anyway!!

1 comment:

Starr said...

My favorite part is "Men I Adore" -- you rock!