Monday, September 8, 2008

Rexburg Fun!

Classes began today and that brings with it all the hustle and bustle, getting lost, searching for mysterious room numbers, pretending you care who the person next to you is, multiple syllibi and trying to remember which professor it was who said attendance wasn't mandatory. But with two classes down and only one more to go for today, I think this semester may turn out okay.

My new apartment is something else though...


This is the kitchen that is supposed to have room enough for 4 girls to store food, pans, other assundry cooking devices, and actually cook. You'll note that you cannot even see the refrigerator which is behind my roomie and within an arms reach of the stove. It has a gas stove and oven and an electric vent that sounds like a vacuum. The sink leaks, so those two nice big cupboards are currently filled with nothing. This morning in an attempt to make my breakfast (fried hockeypucks, an egg, and yogurt) I on multiple occasions became uncomfortably close to my newest roommate whom I have only known for a few days. I felt bad though because I knew she was in a hurry to get to class and no matter where I moved I was in her way again!!


This is where my pans are stored, atop our wall mounted microwave. My pans were however an amazing Wal-Mart deal. $20 for 4 stainless steel pans and glass lids!! I was very proud to have found them.








This is the closed off part of the bathroom...not including sinks and such. Yes the toilet is only inches from the tub and yes it is a little hard to dry off in there. That toilet has already broken once this semester. I can only hope that its health doesn't take a plunge and that we've got all the problems flushed out!







This is the sleeping side of the room. The beds are conveniently only feet away from each other so of course if one occupant rolls over in the night the other one wakes. You may note how dark it is...no it wasn't that late when I took the picture, that lamp and the window are the only sources of light for that side of the room. Batman is safely out of storage and on my bed if you can pick him out...he wasn't too upset with me either.




These are our desks wonderfully manufactured and already very cluttered. Do you see that tiny lamp on the far desk. That is the only light on that side of the room. Oh, and the middle drawer is not functional and the bottom one squeaks load enough when you open it to wake he whole apartment. I have yet to do any decorating...I promise I'm really not that boring.

With that said...I shall finish my PB&J while attempting the impossible...watching videos on youtube...

1 comment:

Starr said...

Ah, the joys of communal living. Getting dress/undressed with a roommate you just met is always fun. But sharing a kitchen is just torture!

PS. Thanks for letting me know that you were lurking. Now I get to live the college life vicariously through you. Still. And stalk you without always letting you know about it.

The kids had their first babysitter last night. Almost immediately Cami told her about Emily, "our babysitter in New Jersey. But we don't live there anymore, so you can be our babysitter forever. If you want."