Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Sleeping Treadmill And The Compliment

Walking home from class today I had the strangest question pop into my head. Do bees sleep at night? Walking on campus there are bees every where, helping to pollinate their attempt at greenifying a desert. This popped into my head because I happened to be walking back at 10 or so at night and there were no bees when normally there would be tons. It wasn't a vague idea or a glimmer of a thought it was THERE. Almost like I was recalling a line from a movie or something someone had asked me. To ease your curiosity as I did mine, no bees do not sleep they go back to their hives and remain mostly motionless to build up their energy for the next day. Basically they sleep without sleeping...LUCKY!!

Another random occurrence...today in Comm. we were talking about complimenting people and how they and we react. We were then assigned to randomly compliment three people before class on Tuesday. That should be fun...I complimented kids at work all the time but they were not sincere compliments at all. "I really like the way Sean is cleaning up the block area," Emily says as Sean continues to build with his friends. It is a great motivation for children though. "I really like they way my friends are sitting quietly waiting for snack!" More often than not they would follow along, but sometimes I just stood there like an idiot.


For those of you who are looking to knock off a few pounds but love to sit at your computer all day, consider this. A treadmill desk:

Walk five miles while watching the Big Brother finale (WOOT for the person who wins but I wont say their name cause I don't want to spoil it), emailing friends, stalking people on Facebook, or updating your blog. I mean has greatest-pastime-ever met loose-a-few-pounds or what?!?

No comments: