Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Chicken Is To Faint For

It all started when I cut my finger. As it turns out the back side on the blade of a knife can be just as sharp as the other. In my attempt to cook my self some chicken and cutting it into pieces with great vigor (do to it being frozen beyond frozen), I stopped cutting for a second and noticed that my finger was bleeding. I kept cutting until the blood was going to drip into my chicken then I turned it down so it could simmer while I got a band-aid. I thought it blog worthy at the time so I took a picture...

I know it isn't really even all that big, but when I went to wipe it off with my antiseptic towelette I got super nauseous and dizzy so I sat down with my head between my legs. I got the band-aid off the counter and put it on, and I felt ok so I went to the kitchen to check on the chicken. It had mostly thawed out at this point so I started cutting it up again (careful to avoid the sharp not sharp side). All of a sudden I got dizzy again so I put down the knife but by this point my eyes are all cloudy and closing involuntarily and I can't hear anything and my ears have started ringing. I sat down on the floor feeling like I was about to throw up.

I got out my phone to call someone (my roommates were both gone), but then I couldn't think of who to call. The only other time I have felt faint was after donating blood and my mom always had me drink juice or something with sugar in it. So I scooted myself over to the fridge also conveniently close to the garbage can as I still felt ridiculously close to throwing up.


For a refrigerator of three college students it was amazingly empty of sugar. All I saw that contained even a remote amount of sugar were two jars of jam and a small yogurt. I grabbed the yogurt (it wasn't mine) and a spoon and managed to choke it down without throwing up. My hands stopped shaking and started tingling. Remembering my chicken I reached over to turn off the stove.


I sat there without moving for a good 25 min. I didn't want to get up since I was still by myself, in case it happened again. But then I remembered my chicken and I realized it couldn't be good to have half cooked chicken sitting in a now semi-warm pan. So I moved one of the chairs over next to the stove so I could attempt to cook while sitting. It worked amazingly well.


A few minutes later April walked in and seeing her opened yogurt on the floor and me sitting while cutting my chicken she asked, "Emily, what are you doing?" I hadn't cried up until this point but actually having to talk to someone made me cry I guess. All i could get out was, "I'm sorry I ate your yogurt." End of a long story short, I was able to tell her everything, she had Neosporin for my finger, and I had wonderful chicken for dinner.


I was going to cut my hair last night but I figured spending at least an hour with my head upside down probably wasn't a good idea.


(This was how it looked this morning)
This morning I woke up nice and early so I could walk to Broulims before it got warm out. It drizzled on my walk there and was pouring when I came out of the store. Thankfully a very nice couple gave me a ride home. I said thank you so many times I think they were very glad when I got out of their car.


1 comment:

Danie Marie said...

OMG!!! em!! are you okay!! i wish i was there to make it all better!! no more cutting frozen chicken okay!!!! not unless youre wearing 5 inch thick gloves!!
feel better beautiful!!
love ya!!
danie marie
p.s.dont die ill miss you too much!