Friday, September 12, 2008

Manifesto of The Rubber List

So, nothing exciting has happened today...but...I do get to bask in the glory of the Rubber Band tonight so I am pretty excited about that.

This weekend I have tons to do.

- two statistics problems, averaging an hour each (Mon.)
- two reflective journal entries on two poems (Tues)
- read and annotate two church talks (Tues.)
- Read "Ozymandias" and "My Last Duchess" (Tues)
- Read 29 pages out of my Literary Criticisms book (Tues)
- Read "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism" (Mon.)
- Study and learn the theories of the early Greek philosophers (potential Quiz Mon.)

I also need to do some shopping...which may or may not happen...
- Ziploc bags
- cooking spray (never realized how much I used it until I didn't have any)
- ranch dressing (a will-not-spoil-as-quickly replacement for sour cream)
- Mac & Cheese (cause when I make it, it tastes good!)
- Granola (my strawberry yogurt is lonely)
- Cheese (I thought I wouldn't use very much of it but really I think I would)
- Milk (I very nearly consumed an entire gallon in a week)

Last night I was torn between whether to read the assigned excerpt from Karl Marx's Manifesto or read through the chapter for my History and Systems of Psychology class. Unable to decide I turned to one wiser, stronger, and more attractive than myself...

(he is almost squishing Socrates' head!!)


He however told me that instead of going to school I should inherit all the wealth and class of my father and spend that wealth frivolously on bullet proof bat ears and wings made entirely without polyester.
I read the first few sentences of the Manifesto...
"The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles. Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another...."
and I fell asleep...but still managed to get a 21/20 on the quiz about it in class today!!

2 comments:

Starr said...

Let me guess, the Browning shows up in English Lit 2? Give my regards to the Norton Anthology, will you?

emily said...

indeed it does...but it's in a Norton knock off called The Sister Clark (my prof.) Anthology...