Thursday, November 13, 2008

Love Albeit Verification

Today I learned, the hard way, what the word "albeit" really means. I had thought, up until a few minutes ago, that it meant except or unless. BUT it really means although. Yes, quite the opposite. So in my teachers syllabus when he said, "Annotations not meeting the 500 word minimum (albeit just one word short) will automatically be deducted 10 points," he meant that even if it was just 499 words you would still get the 10 points deducted. I wrote a perfect annotation, but it was 499 words not 500. Bummer.

I've been keeping track recently of the weird things that "word verification's" have made me spell. There is one that really sticks out to me. I was having a particularly rough day and while commenting on someones blog, the verification word was "dying". I guess every once and a while it spits out real words. Here are some others I have had:

Craziest Things Word Verification's has Made me Spell:

- dying
- valley
- crops

- clanface
- gently
- mysit
- slayin
- lance

Today is the second annual To Write Love on Her Arm Event, to promote awareness of teen suicide, self injury, and depression. To find out more visit www.twloha.com. This hits a little close to home, and so I am joining in the festivities.





(Taking this picture has made me acutely aware of how much I dislike my arms)
(click on the picture for a better view of my arm hair)

2 comments:

Starr said...

I'm a couple days off, but I just wanted to say "good for you!" for writing "LOVE" on your arms. You are awesome!

Danie Marie said...

youre awesome!! i knew i was your friend for a reason!! lol you are exceptional!
danie marie