Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful Lappy Pirates

Did anyone else not realize that there were still people in the world who call themselves pirates and do "pirat-ish" things?

(This is a ship that is "in the hands of Somali Pirates" Guard your vessels!)

I saw on Google News yesterday the following headline "Islamic militants join hunt for pirates in Somalia." Pirates?!? Really?!? Anyhow, along with the price of gas, the war in Iraq, and who can marry who, I now will worry about pirate attacks. Thanks Google News for feeding my paranoia, thanks.

In better news I am leaving tomorrow morning for St George, Utah! There I will meet up with the intelligent and beautiful sister of mine, and drive to VEGAS! It is so much fun telling people where I am going for Thanksgiving.

Them: "So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?"
Me: "Going to Vegas."
Them: "Oh, I see"
Me: "To visit my sister."
Them: "OH! I see!"

I really am way excited. Cooking turkey, eating to our hearts content, watching ridiculous amounts of Law and Order, being with someone who knows who Boney Legs is, and laughing a lot. That will be my week. Have no fear, you will not be left in the dark, Lappy shall be accompanying me on this journey (as well as one Alex Johnson)!!

1 comment:

Starr said...

So, do you know yet? Is Alex Johnson a girl?

BTW, I did know about the pirates. Just not that they have monstrously big ships.

Have fun with Sarah!