Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lay Down The Buffet List Doc

Lunch today was amazing, an endless buffet of pizza...YUM!! I forgot to bring my camera with me though, so no pictures for you!

As I crawled into bed last night, after a long day of classes, and more walking then I usually do, it felt amazing. I lay there letting my head sink slowly into my pillow and it felt as though all the stress, discomfort, pain, aches, you name it were just seeping from my head into my pillow. It was amazing to focus for a moment on that exact feeling. The release was indescribable.

Then I thought wow it's really quite in our apartment until I noticed the slight ringing in my ears and all of a sudden in was so loud. All day today when ever there was a "silence", I couldn't help but notice how very loud it was. I guess I discovered how much that bothers me...I'll just add it to the list.

Things That Emily Has Recently Discovered Really Annoy Her:
1. The internal noise during supposed "silence"
2. The squeak of fake nails against each other
3. Excessive phone vibrations that no one stops
4. Someone leaving food in the sink after rinsing out their dishes
5. People talking embarrassingly loud in public
6. Living in a town of super conservatives
7. Hair on the walls of the shower
8. Gas stoves/ovens
9. Probability

and finally...

10. Not being able to present myself on my front stage...only ever putting on the real shows on the back stage that no one sees.

And really that isn't even close to being a complete list...perhaps I am simply a very irritable person, who knows?!?

(a wonderfully large Dr. Pepper from lunch)


What kept you going today?!?!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Knowing that I'd be able to read a blog posting from Emily...that's what kept me going today. (oh yeah, and the sixteen thousand kids I'm responsible for...) :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

What is keeping me going is being able to count on two hands...hehe...9 days! I'm so glad that I am not the only irritable person in the world today ;)

Starr said...

Oh, you would have listening to Cami on the plane yesterday. She was wearing a headset, so she couldn't hear how loud she was when watching Dora the Explorer.