Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Psycho 409 Freezer Fixer

On Monday Maintenance Guy came to fix our refrigerator. It has been leaking from the freezer since we moved in. The constant puddles in our crisper drawers were finally just too much and we made our complaint. I was the only one home when he began the repairs. I was finishing up some statistics homework in my room and I heard him leave. I came out to find that our kitchen now looked like this.
Assuming he would soon return I finished my homework and chatted with my mother. Until I realized that almost 30 min had passed, I needed to go to class, and Maintenance Guy was nowhere to be found. After much deliberation, I left a note on the door apologizing for the fact that it was locked and that I had to go to class. Not two seconds after leaving my apartment I passed one of my roommates who I quickly explained the situation to, and than I ran off to class. I came back and our refrigerator was put back together and I'm pretty sure it no longer leaks!

Next up is this little guy...

oh, and this one too...


According to management and maintenance our there is nothing they can do about our ant problem. "Keep your apartment clean" is what they told us. Oh, wait does that mean that you should like rinse out your dishes instead of just letting them sit in the sink covered in food? Should I like not drop my cereal all over the floor and wait for my roommates to clean it up?

I was sitting on the floor in the kitchen trying to figure out where it was they were coming from, when I decided to look under the stove. This is what I found.

Apparently under the stove is not an area for white glove checks. How we are supposed to clean this with our 1950's vacuum cleaner I have no idea. We have however found that 409 work great as an ANTi-bug. Eating in a kitchen that reeks of poisonous chemicals after my roommate goes psycho with the cleaning supplies is not so great.

2 comments:

John and Kathy said...

Ick. Double Ick. The pleasures of dorm life.

I think that I used to be the annoying roommate that would leave my dirty dishes in the sink...

heehee.

John and Kathy said...

Now, I am the anoying roomate that leaves his dishes in the sink so his wife can clean them up.

Heehee.

Love you Kathy.

Funny blog Em.