Friday, October 24, 2008

A Noted Irritable Realization

Do you ever have those moments when you see yourself through someone else's eyes? It's not that you are worried about what your hair looks like (although finding mirrors that can give you that perspective is an amazing experience), you are worried about what you might have said to them that day or whether you remembered to call them back.

Well I "saw" myself today. My hair looked fab, but I had forgotten to call my visiting teacher back about what time she could come for a visit tomorrow, and I had been being extremely irritable. Unfortunately for me I didn't realize either of these until after my visiting teacher came to my apartment to ask me in person, and after making someone I care a lot about upset to the point of tears.

A little self realization has occurred since then, I honestly could care less about the embarrassing situation with my visiting teacher, but I do care that I can't seen to like anyone recently. Every little thing anyone does annoys me. There are golden grahams in my washed out bowl in the sink, my roommate is talking really loud on her phone again, I can't not answer my phone without facing an inquisition, or they haven't answered back my messages on facebook. Like really I wish I could just never talk to anyone again, like socializing wasn't necessary. Interacting yes, but not talking. When I talk is when I get myself into trouble. If only retreating from everything was the right answer....

On top of all of that, I spent my whole day (the reason I did not answer my phone) making a nice and neat little page of notes for my Psychology test today. I think all my time spent paid off. What do you think? (this is only the front side...the back is just as awesome and full)

If you click on it you get a humungo version that makes my minuscule handwriting legible. I got an 84% on the multiple choice and I almost positive I did way better than that on the essays.

Now for some more wallowing in self contempt and pity, trying as hard as I can to pretend that the world is not there.

3 comments:

Starr said...

Princess, you need some homemade chocolate ice cream. Wish I could help.

Since I can't provide that, go get a tub of Nutella & a big box of graham crackers (the very thing my kids are having for breakfast). You'll feel better for a couple of minutes, then really crummy when the blood sugar crash hits. Then get something healthy into your body (ie. fruit & veggies) & take a bath. The kind where the tub is so full you just sort of float. Steal some candles, listen to some pretty & relaxing music, and just float.

Then go back to bed.

Unless the sun is shining. Not "the sun is shining" = daytime hours. Like actually shining. Not overcast. You can see the sun & the sky. Then you need to be outside for a couple hours. Or at least long enough that the bath with candles warms you up & makes you feel like less of a icicle. And then go back to bed.

If those don't work, email me.

Love you,
Starr

John and Kathy said...

I think it's ok to feel annoyance and irritablity sometimes but facing the big question of Why you're annoyed is one that you're going to have to ponder for a while. Once you know the reason of your irritability you'll be able to better control it.

I like Starr's advice, find some place to relax, some place where you can just be alone with your thoughts.

*crossing my nose hairs that you feel better*

emily said...

thanks for your advice you two...sleeping sounds like a great idea...eating also sounds like a great idea...homemade chocolate ice cream...MMMmmm