Friday, October 10, 2008

The Sleepless Egg Thief

It turns out that my timing was perfect for getting my coat fixed. It has been pretty chilly out the last few days. Definitely coat wearing weather! I guess that I should have also worn my coat to bed last night, maybe then I wouldn't have woken up every hour because I was cold!! I think that perhaps it is time to upgrade from a sheet and a fleece blanket to something that will block the breeze coming in from the window I sleep right under!!

So I couldn't sleep and I crawled out of bed at like 7:30 in hopes of using the bathroom. April however was occupying it. So I threw on some clothes, grabbed my computer, and headed down to the Ricks. After using the bathroom there, I watched Grey's Anatomy and CSI then came back home to do homework before class at 11:30.

On my way into the apartment I noticed that Tiffany had made some very delicious smelling muffins. I then also noticed how full our garbage was. Then I noticed what was sitting on top of that lovely pile of garbage.

Please notice the initials on the egg carton and also know that I still have yet to cook breakfast, and for dinner last night cooked rice not omelets. There apparently is an egg thief in our apartment. The thief is lucky that I bought another carton of eggs this week or they would be dead right now. The thief shall remain nameless for now even though I know who it is. My empty egg carton will sit on our counter with my initials circled in bright red sharpie, lets see if they ever say anything to me...

*To update you...the bandit was discovered as well as the fact that really she had asked to borrow one of April's and instead took one of mine, so it was just a misunderstanding. We are still friends and she promised to get me a new one! Does any one feel like an egg is a silly thing to get upset over?!? IT'S NOT, this is a legitimate concern for the well being of all that is mine, if I have to go 2nd grade about it, I will!!

2 comments:

Love Lorri said...

want me to come out there and have a little "talk" with SHE who should not be named (since I KNOW there are NO boys living in your apartment I am guessing it is a girl!)
Or better yet we can send Arli over to BORROW a dozen eggs and you can make a BIG deal about how you dont have a DOZEN because She who should not be named took them!
I could find some other fun Ideas if you need me too, but I am sure that your CIRCLE EK in RED is tough enough, then she has NO reason to be mad at you, just guilt, pure guilt!!!

emily said...

If you can get Arli to ever walk her butt own here I'll be glad to give her a dozen eggs!!!!