Monday, October 13, 2008

Singe Heating Winter Friends

It is officially winter here! I looked out my door this morning and this is what I saw! Yesterday most of the snow melted but I guess today its a little colder.

I did however get our heat figured out, so I no longer freeze my way through the night. Our heating system not unlike the rest of our apartment, is crappy and fueled by gas. Yes, this means that I will probably die in a gas filled apartment in Idaho. I mean look at this thing, it looks like something built by that crazy old guy from Back to the Future.
This next shot is taken looking inside the belly of the beast (right up the little opening under where it says "AIR-EASE"). How amazing it is that this flame has yet to even singe the wood door it sits less than 5 inches from!Sorry that it is dark...I wanted you to see the looming blue flames.

Anyways, if I do die here in Idaho, it will be with people who love me, well maybe. My roommate April has developed a slight obsession with cooking on her George Foreman. The other night she was cooking some chicken that she had marinated with soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
(The lean mean grilling machine!)

I walked into the kitchen just after she closed the lid, and I saw delicious looking steam billowing out. "This must smell incredible, "I said to myself. I leaned over and took in a nose-ful of what I thought was going to smell like soy sauce and chicken. Instead the smell of cooking vinegar burned way back into my nasal cavity, no doubt singeing some nose hairs on the way. April had been watching me to see if her creation did in fact smell good, and upon hearing from me that it smelled fantastic, she took a whiff for herself.

"EMILY!!! What the heck!! (her nose twitching in pain) That does not smell good!!!"

We're friends though I promise...I mean this is the third semester in a row she has agreed to live with me...friends indeed!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I am NOT jealous of the snow!!! I am comfortably living in a desolate place, that may be ugly in comparison to Utah/Idaho...but I DO NOT have to worry about October snow! Yay, I guess... :) The final straw will be when there is snow in October and it no longer has that going for it!

John and Kathy said...

Look! It's your turn to get fancy schmancy with your layout...Bravo!