Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shuttling My Goodbyes

This morning we woke up and went to church with a ward in Salt Lake. It was a very different experience. We got out at 12 and had a few hours before anyone needed to catch a plane or a shuttle, so we drove to Temple Square. As we got closer I recognized things having been there only a few weeks ago. But I saw a building that I didn't recognize, with plants and stuff on the roof. I am ashamed to say that this building was the Conference Center, and I am even more ashamed that I had asked what it was out loud.

We were able to get a tour of the Center which was mind boggling. It is huge!! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy.


This little girl toured with us. She had no inhibitions, she would ask whatever she was thinking. She kept asking Sarah about her necklace and if she could wear it, because she wanted a big one just like hers. She ended up holding hands with this tour guide for most of the tour. When her Dad tried to keep her with him she said, "I want Lady. [to the tour guide] Lady can I come with you?" (By a the original painting of Christs coming, its pretty much the size of my apartment.)(From the highest balcony looking down, they have a stage set up for recording a youth broadcast to be shown Christmas Eve.)

(Sarah taking a picture of Mom and Dad on the roof of the Conference Center, with the Salt Lake temple in the back ground.)
(Also on the top of the conference Center, the tour guide said they have something like 3-5 acres of just these grassy meadows.)

We left the Conference Center to get Sarah to the Airport, so she could check in and Mom and Dad could bring back the rental car. I got to wait with Mom and Dad for my shuttle to come and then have a silly phone conversation with me on the shuttle and them standing outside. It was a heart wrenching good bye, It was so much fun having them out here with me, and I wont get to see them again until December.

The shuttle ride had more stops than probably any other time I've ridden it. We stopped in Brigham City, Arimo, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Rigby, a hotel just off campus, then finally at campus. Cassie picked me up from the shuttle and drove me to my apartment so I didnt have to walk all the way across campus with my things at almost 8:00pm. Thanks so much Cassie!!! And also thanks Mom and Dad for the grapes, banana, and crackers!!

The End.

3 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

no prob bob, aka emily :) I'm so glad you guys got to tour the conference center! yay for family time! :)

love lorri said...

Em your hair looks so amazing! I love the curly (on purpose) look! Your so fun and cute!
Glad you had fun with your family!

love lorri said...

ok so the good picture with your hair is in the post below, but I was cross eyed when I look...lol your still cute and fun!